Thursday, May 19, 2022

How to Steal from the Poor and Disabled

United Healthcare Corporation does NOT provide services, they process your request, which is a denial.

Managed care means less care.  

I have been disabled since 1994, when a drunk driver ended my basketball career, and left me in a wheelchair, labeled a quadriplegic.  After my parents' insurance made private insurance unaffordable, at the age of 21, I had no choice but to apply for Medicaid.

Then, on my Blue Cross Blue Shield plan I received Doctor visits, three prescriptions a month, and either eye care or dental care, whichever I needed.  About 8 years ago my father was diagnosed with cancer and applied for his disability support services.  Once he received them, this changed my status.  Instead of being a disabled person myself, I was re-catagorized as the survivor of a disabled person, with a different benefits package, and now qualified for Medicare...which only pays 80%.  So I magically became more capable, and less in need of benefits, because my dad got cancer!?  

Now, each year I must re-qualify for benefits, and have my means tested.  If I make more than $5k annually, I am no longer qualified for benefits.  This same year saw the expansion of managed care services.  Private companies began subcontracting out health care services from both Medicare and Medicaid.

Companies Like United Healthcare are paid billions of dollars by Federal and State governments, to 'process medical requests.'  I am not allowed to seek gainful employment, and make more than that $5k a year, or I lose my benefits permanently.  Meanwhile, a lift to access my vehicle costs $6900, this same lift United Healthcare denied as a medical equipment request, because they ignored my Doctor's notes about it being medically necessary.  Instead, they categorized it as a convenience elevator, which is not covered.  

My wheelchair is now 6 years old, and currently held together with a zip tie.  I was due a new one at 5 years, and United Healthcare has not only failed to pay for it, but they did not pay for the physical therapy services, to fit me for the chair, and a bill for $30 was sent to collections.  So I took a financial ding, because United Healthcare failed to pay a $30 bill!

This company also moved my local hospital and doctor out of my coverage area, then said they would give me a ride, but no such ride services actually exist.  They merely process ride requests, and when a ride cannot be found, you just don't make it to your appointment.  I have missed three appointments, two last week, and have been asked to use ride services that injured me, by not providing a lift or a needed ramp.

The latest most blatant form of "Theft, Fraud and Abuse" is the subcontracted use of Solutran, to deliver an over the counter benefits card, and a $65 monthly allowance.  I was due one and these funds since last December.  I have received other benefits cards from United Healthcare, but they were only for a mere $15.  The brilliance of this program is that neither Solutran nor United Healthcare sent notice of this benefit, and the benefits 'expire' each month...rather than roll over.   I would argue that Solutran never sent the card, so that they could just keep $65 each month, and are doing so right now, to the tune of $6.5 million a month from their half a million members/subscribers, in Texas alone, by simply not telling ANYONE these benefits actually exist!

Today the United Healthcare Corporation has over $300 BILLION in holdings...

Go into business to steal from the poor and disabled, by simply NOT doing anything...and you too can become a billionaire! 

*There are no Legal Services available for poor disabled people being stolen from.  No Legal Aid, no Erin Brockovich...

We are failing to hold corruption to account.

No comments:

Post a Comment